Hyper is a sustainable sneaker which strikes a romantic balance between street edge and a vintage 80s vibe. Comfortable and versatile. The outsole is 3 cm high. Comfortable fit. PETA - Approved Vegan certified product
The 6 Ws underlying Hyper’s sustainability:
1. What is it made from? • Upper made from 70% Appleskin, a vegan material made with recycled production waste of apples from South Tyrol in Italy, and 30% microsuede • The tongue is made from recycled PET obtained from post-consumer plastic bottles collected in northern Italy • Lining made from 70% organic recycled cotton and 30% Appleskin • Fabric laces in 100% recycled PET obtained from post-consumer plastic bottles collected in northern Italy • Removable insole made from 40% viscose and 60% water-based polyurethane foam and low-density polyether • Recyclable (TR) rubber sole in compliance with the EU REACH regulation • Packaging in recycled cardboard, made from 100% recycled and recyclable cellulose processed with the residue of organic substances, such as maize
2. Where was it made? The footwear is made entirely in Italy (this regards both materials and the assembly process).
3. Who made it? Hyper is made by Leo and his fellow artisans at the Drop Studio srl shoe factory in Barletta (Apulia, Italy).
4. What are worker conditions like? Leo and his fellow artisans work in complete safety. Their company is ISO9001 certified and they have signed our Code of Ethics which guarantees both respect for the environment and for people who are part of the production process.
5. How are workers paid? Leo and his fellow artisans earn a minimum living wage which means that they earn enough to maintain a satisfactory standard of living.
6. How does Womsh plough back part of the profits to benefit society as a whole? Womsh ploughs back 1% of its turnover and 5% of its profits into a series of projects and initiatives. We have been contributing to a Lifegate project called ImpattoZero since 2014 through which we protect forests and create new woodland, offsetting the CO2 released into the atmosphere by our business activities. We recycle used Womsh soles to make flooring for playgrounds together with Esosport as part of the “Il giardino di Betty” (“Betty's garden”) project. Last but not least, we work alongside One Tree Planted, a non-governmental organisation which works to safeguard wooded areas, by planting 800 trees each year. And 90% of the energy we use come from renewable sources.
The use of organic and natural materials is essential in all of our lines, ranging from fashion to beauty. Our designers are committed to sourcing the most ethical materials possible, with an emphasis on low-environmental impact and longevity.
Our designers are as committed as we are to the concept of minimal waste. In order to reduce waste, they use upcycled materials, including scrap and repurposed materials from discarded goods aiming at minimising the flow of waste into landfills.
Be a goooder!
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.